October is a very special month for me. Not only is it my birthday month, but it’s also the anniversary month of this blog. It will be turning two years old this October 28 and as a thank you to every one who has supported this blog and my journey as a virtual online assistant, I will be holding a blog birthday bash giveaway with the help of a few friends from the VAPhilippines community in Facebook. We’re encouraging aspiring virtual assistants and freelancers to join this giveaway because me and my sponsors are essentially giving away one web site for FREE. It’s an effective way to build your visibility online and/or start a portfolio to show to your clients if you are a freelancer.
The grand winner of this giveaway is going to walk away with a web site that he/she can customize. To wit, the web site package includes:
- 5- year Domain Name Regsitration from Sheila Zaldivar, a virtual assistant turned online business manager valued around $60.
- 1-year Web Hosting from Jay Pasana of Wired-Hosting valued at $23.50.
- 1 premium WordPress theme of the winner’s choice from Elegant Themes courtesy of VAPhilippines valued at $39.
- 1 preimum Wordpress theme of the winner’s choice from Theme-Junkie courtesy of me valued at $49.95.
- Logo design from one of my graphic artist friends valued at $20
- 3 hours of consultation and virtual assistant work to help you get your web site up and running valued at $30.
It is the desire of the members of the VAPhilippines group to spread the word about virtual assistance and to encourage more Filipinos to become virtual assistants. Thus, I am only opening this contest to aspiring Filipino VAs and freelancers. We’re hoping that we can help you jumpstart your online career and become another online Filipino worker that will inspire others.
It’s very easy to join this giveaway. Just follow the mechanics below:
- Like The Virtual Assistant and VAPhilippines on Facebook.
- Update your status with this: I hope to win the web site package from The Virtual Assistant’s blog birthday bash.Thank you @VAPhilippines! Don’t forget to tag both pages
- Add me on Twitter @busybee_VA and Tweet the following: I hope to win the web site package from @busybee_va’s blog birthday bash. Don’t forget to tag me in your tweet!
- Tell us why you want to become a virtual assistant / freealancer. Blog about it on Facebook Notes/Tumblr/Blogger and make sure to link to this blog. If you don’t have a blog, you can write your blog post and and send it to email@example.com and I will post it in this blog. Alternatively, you can upload a video entry via YouTube or Facebook.
- Share the link to your blog post or video on The Virtual Assistant’s Facebook page.
- Comment with your name and links to your FB status update, Tweet, and blog/video post.
- Contest runs from October 18 to November 18, 2011.
Criteria for judging