My daughter and I visited the walled city of Intramuros with a couple of friends recently. This fortress was the seat of the Philippine government during the Spanish colonial period and is the location of San Agustin Church, the oldest church still standing in the country. The bells of this impressive church rang while we were taking photos and I can’t help but draw a parallel between the tolling of the bell and SEO – ringing the bell is meant to attract people to come to mass and SEO is very much like that. You’re attracting search engines and Internet users to come to your web site.
With that analogy in mind, it stands to reason that you need someone to ring your bell. Here’s where an SEO virtual assistant comes into play. You can outsource seo tasks to a virtual assistant so you can FOCUS on the things that will help grow your business like networking and product development.
Here are 5 basic seo tasks that you can delegate to your VA:
- Do keyword research. If you want to attract the right audience, then you need to use the right keywords in your optimization efforts. An SEO assistant can help you find keywords to include in your landing pages and blog posts. You will also need those keywords when doing submissions and sharing on social media.
- Fill up SEO options for your site. You can add a plug-in to WordPress that will allow you to make sure that your pages and posts appear pretty on search engine results. What your VA can do is fill up SEO fields generated by the plug-in using keywords she found in task #1.
- Share your posts to social networks. Search engines are increasingly using social signals such as “likes, tweets, shares, and +1s” to determine the quality and authority of a web site. The more people sharing your content, the more you’re going to look good to Bing and Google. Your VA can start this viral process by initiating the sharing of your content to your own network or hers.
- Find more avenues for you to socialize in. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn are not the only places you can share your content. There are other social networks, online forums, and groups that can benefit from your expertise. Your virtual online assistant can help you find these other channels and get you set up.
- Prepare analytics reports for you. It’s important that you take a look at your analytics and see whether your traffic goals are being met and whether people are finding your site using the keywords you are optimizing for. You don’t want your site ranking for pillow and cushion deals if it’s a about pincushions,right? This is data that your virtual assistant can prepare for you using an analytics tool like Google Analytics.
There is more to do…
There are more SEO tasks that you can outsource to a virtual assistant than the ones mentioned above. But these are enough to get your started until you get the hang of working with an SEO virtual assistant. As your SEO strategy gets more elaborate, you will find yourself adding more items to this list of basic SEO tasks.
Don’t let SEO consume the bulk of your time. There’s a virtual assistant for that! fb.me/CUN9LIYO
— Nica Mandigma (@nicamandigma) June 18, 2012